(Yup, missed yesterday. Oh well, it was almost a perfect month!)
This is the shawl that never ends. Literally.
I started it a year and a half ago. Although technically it started in July of 2014 when I spun the yarn. But the cast on date for this bugger was January 15, 2015. It was supposed to be a test night for a mystery knit along (basically, you get the pattern in sections over time instead of getting the whole pattern at once.) I did pretty good for the first 4-5 clues, and I think gave good feedback to the designer. But then Clue 6 was feather and fan stitch. I’m miserable at F&F. So finally I put it in time out to think about what it had done.
I didn’t pick it up again until this summer.
Somehow I made it through the F&F but then I started to run out of my handspun. I had expected I would, so I laid in a stash of black fingering weight to continue on with. Except I started to doubt my own judgement on the weight of my handspun, so I decided to knit the commercial stuff doubled. Got halfway through Clue 8 before I accepted that no, this fabric was entirely two dense (and I’d gone through almost 800 yds of yarn with no end in sight) and ripped it all back to my lifeline in Clue 7 and started it over.
Finally got to the latter rows of Clue 9, and I optimistically thought that I might be able to finish it to wear to Rhinebeck. But no, each lace row is taking me 3 hours (860 stitches per row, beyotch!), so I gave up that pipe dream.
But I am determined. The end is in sight. I am committed to doing at least one row a day until it is done. I only have 8 rows and the bind-off left.
With any luck, I can wear it for Samhain.